Monday, June 18, 2007

It holds children!




When I said feature complete, I didn't mean it. After a rousing game of minigolf in the morning, I got a whole afternoon in the sweltering heat of the garage to complete the rumble seat.

Here are the results. I had to move the seat up to the higher rails to get enough room for the children's feet.

OK, that's going to be it for pictures until I get it all rebuilt and shiny. My neighbors are threatening to enter it in a 4th of July parade if I don't first.

2 comments:

Keath said...

Your children have legs? We hadn't noticed. Seriously, though, that is awesome. Very parade-worthy, especially with the girls sitting in the back like beauty queens. They can pitch flowers at passers by. And if you can figure out a way to do it without lighting the kids on fire, you can shoot fireworks off the back of the seat part. Or not.

Can't wait to see it in person - it looks incredible! (When are you building one for your sister? :-) )

Ceridwen said...

That is ruling. Seriously, it needs to be in a parade. Get the girls tiaras and rock on. Perhaps you should get an amusing hat so you can be in the same league as the Shriners with their fezzes.