Friday, April 10, 2009

Back to the Projects: Wireless Speakers



Alright, that was a long break. Let's get back into it. I had a pair of Home Depot wireless speakers that worked pretty well, but had weak drivers. I used the FE126e drivers that have been through 2 other cabinets. This time around I just made a basic, 10 liter bass reflex cabinet, very traditional. To cut down on the high-frequency "shout" that these drivers have, I treated the cones with 3 light coats of Mod Podge, and added a baffle-step correction circuit to the speaker.

I attached the electronic guts of the old wireless speakers to the backs of the new cabinets. This way I can either use the wireless input, or plug them in as regular speakers.

They sound far better than any of the other cabinets I've tried them in, leading me to be a strong believer in baffle-step correction. Here are some YouTube videos:

Walkaround

Playing music

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Lighting anyone?
2) nice, productive use of old MSDN binders

Unknown said...

Web Site f9q89c7q33 louis vuitton fake replica bags ru replica bags louis vuitton gucci fake l0a32b8k56 replica bags pakistan replica bags reddit replica hermes q6r05j3l45 replica bags philippines wholesale